Flies and Mosquitoes
Outdoor Fly Trap
Benefit from the advantages of our Fly Trap:
- The Fly Trap uses natural bait - no toxic chemicals.
- For use anywhere outdoors - gardens, patios, courtyards, playgrounds, terraces, bakeries and refuse and recycling sites.
- Supplied complete with a portion of specially formulated bait that is irresistible to all flying-insect pests.
- The bait is mixed with water in the trap and attracts flies into the trap where they drown in the water.
- Designed to be hung from trees, fences or posts (wire tie included) and may also be placed on the ground.
- Does not catch bees: a special constituent of the bait repels bees and stops them from entering the trap (compliance with 'protection of species' principles).
- Replacement bait is available in packs of 2.
Natural attractant attracts flies effectively
This environment-friendly Fly Trap with natural bait attracts flies but repels bees in order to accord with protection of species' principles. The bait is non-toxic: it only attracts flies and they are killed by drowning in the water in the trap. Outdoor areas can be freed from annoying flies without causing harm to important beneficial insects.
Trap flies and clear your outdoor spaces like gardens, terraces, arbours and balconies.
- Open the packet of bait and tip the bait into the trap. Pour water into the trap up to the marked level and stir thoroughly. The bait produces an attractant for 70% of common species of fly.
- Place the trap in a safe, calm and sunny place about 5 to 10 metres from the area you wish to protect. Stand it on the ground or hang it from a tree using the wire tie provided.
As the trap fills, add water to keep the dead flies covered. When the trap is full, or every 3 weeks at least, empty it, wash it out and replace the bait. If the catch rate seems poor, move the trap to another location. For best results surround the house with a number of traps positioned 3 to 10 metres away from the building.
Fly trap efficiently protects outdoor areas
Being outdoors is particularly relaxing in summer. Whether you are having a barbecue in the garden or eating al fresco, flies can be a terrible nuisance and are, moreover, very unhygienic. The SWISSINNO Fly Trap draws them away and kills them efficiently.
When a large quantity of flies is accumulating in the trap, make sure that you keep the water level high enough to guarantee that all flies are drowned.
When the trap is full empty it, wash it out, replace the bait and add fresh water.
- How does the NATURAL CONTROL Fly Trap work?
Our Trap works with a broad-spectrum fly attractant that is very effective at trapping most species of fly. The flies are drowned without the use of poisons.
- Where can I use the Fly Trap?
The NATURAL CONTROL Fly Trap is suitable for use in outdoor spaces such as gardens, terraces, waste and recycling areas as well as stables and sheds. Place the trap in a safe, calm and sunny place about 5 to 10 metres from the area you wish to protect. Stand it on the ground or hang it from a tree or post using the wire tie provided. If the catch rate seems low, move the trap to another location. For best results surround the house with a number of traps positioned 3 to 10 metres away from the building.
- How long does the bait last?
When the trap is full, or every 3 weeks at least, empty it, wash it out and replace the bait.
- Are replacement baits available?
We offer replacement bait for the fly trap. If attractant is spilled, wash it off skin, clothing or affected areas with cold water.
- Are flies dangerous?
Flies can transmit many diseases including dyysentery, typhus, cholera, trachoma, anthrax.
Adult flies transmit disease by contaminating food with pathogens they have picked up on their hairy legs or have ingested and then regurgitated.
- What kind of flies does our trap catch?
Our trap will catch a broad range of fly species including houseflies (Musca domestica and Fannia canicularis), blowflies (Calliphora vicina), flesh flies (Sarcophaga carnaria), grey flesh flies (Sarcophaga bullata), green bottle flies (Lucilia sericata), fruit flies (Drosophila sp.), autumn flies (Musca autumnalis) and yellow dung flies ( Scathophaga stercoraria). Houseflies (black, non-lustrous body) and blowflies (metallic blue/green/gold body) are the most common types found around homes. House flies are attracted to animal excrement and rotting food, while blowflies are enticed more by decaying meat and fish. Because of the differences between these food preferences, most baits will attract either house flies or blow flies, but not both. Uniquely, the Natural Control bait is powerfully attractive to both house flies and blowflies.
- POISON FREE
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
Refill - so easy
Re-bait every 2-3 weeks. For reuse, immerse the entire trap in soapy water to kill any live insects and clean the trap.
- Open bait packet and pour into trap.
- Add water to fill line and swirl to mix.
- Hang trap.
Eliminating one female fly can reduce population by 100-1000 flies per year. Flies are dormant until temperatures reach 18C (64F).